- Sheet lines
- PP/PS/Barrier Thermoforming Sheet
Top performance for ideal results.
High-performance class sheet lines
Our high-performance lines never compromise on delivering the best sheet quality. They are designed for minimum energy consumption at maximum production capacity. These lines give our customers decisive advantages even in the toughest competitive environments, standing out from the pack with the following components:
|Polymer||production performance (at 1m sheet width)|
|PS||up to 3,300 kg/h|
|PP||up to 3,000 kg/h|
|TSL-1 Jumbo||TSL-2 Jumbo|
|Extruder||1 x HSE75||3x HSE75|
|Plastification performance||PS: 1,500 kg/h||PS: 3,300 kg/h|
|PP: 1,350 kg/h||PP: 2,700 kg/h|
|Sheet thickness range||200 - 2,500µm||200 - 2,500µm|
|Max. mechanical line speed||70 m/min||70 m/min|
|Winding diameter on 6-inch shafts||up to 2,000mm||up to 2,000mm|
- Monolayer and 3-layer coextrusion
- Optional air knife for thin film integrated into the horizontal roll stack
- Up to nine post-cooling rolls
- Cutting unit and winder with up to four webs
- Sheet widths up to 1,600mm
Compact design to benefit your bottom line.
Economy class sheet lines
Our economy class sheet line, including a high-speed extruder (HSE), is especially well suited to all applications with limited numbers of layers and moderate output requirements. The system’s special attribute is its compact design and easy handling in daily operation.
|Extruder||1 x HSE75|
|Plastification performance||PS: 1,100 kg/h, PP: 900 kg/h|
|Sheet thickness range||200 - 2,500µm|
|Winding diameter on 6-inch shafts||up to 2,000mm|
The roll stack with vertical roll arrangement
makes it possible to set up the extruder right
on the shop floor, allowing the line to be operated
without a problem – even in workspaces with low ceilings.
- Modular design
- Main extruder, pump, die and electrical cabinets on one frame
- Vertical roll stack, 1,200mm roll width
- One control panel on the roll stack
Our benchmark for top quality.
Barrier sheet lines
When the highest level of quality is demanded, we at SML are in our element. Barrier sheets are subject to particular quality requirements. These can only be met by systems combining components that are a perfect fit for one another, producing the results that are in greater demand than ever before in the food industry: lower weight, less material use and strong protection from outside factors.
Our engineers have a vast and varied wealth of knowledge at their disposal, enabling them to perfectly design multilayer barrier sheet lines dedicated to your specific demands and markets. And this knowledge will pay off for you too.
Unique performance outcomes for quality products
- Up to 9 extruders creating sheet with up to 11 layers
- A roll stack in a class of its own: up to 3,2 t/h
- HO-LT extruder (High Output - Low Temperature) for maximum output at a low production temperature for heat sensitive materials such as EVOH
- Efficient concepts for the direct re-use of edge trims and skeletons in intermediate layers
Efficiency in its purest form.
Inline extrusion sheet lines
If you wish to produce large volumes of cups or trays without the need for product changes, you will not want to miss out on our inline extrusion lines. A direct connection between the extrusion line and a thermoformer is the most efficient way of producing these products in a continuous process. We work together closely with all the well-known thermoformer manufacturers. As a result, you will always be sure to receive the best possible all-round solution – especially for the sake of your productivity.
|PS: 700 kg/h||PS: 1,100 kg/h|
|PP: 600 kg/h||PP: 900 kg/h|
Lines that are efficient to the core – the details do not lie
- Highest transparency and rigidity for cups and trays
- Most energy-efficient process
- Efficient use of polymers thanks to direct skeleton recycling
- Compact line design requiring less space
- No winding, no roll handling, no need for warehouse space