The calendering process for the production of film and sheet is an important asset in the SML machinery portfolio. In film and sheet extrusion we deal with a wide range of polymers, diverse requirements for product quality and various different markets.
The main applications of calendered rigid films are thermoformed products such as trays, cups and lids for the food industry. They are often made of PP, PS and PET and may have PA or EVOH barrier layers. Other industries served are in the optical, photovoltaic, medical or automotive sector.
Please choose a product on the right side of this page
calendering lines for recycled PET
inline sheet production from recycled PET bottle flakes
features / advantages:
- inline process from scrap to film or sheet, low energy consumption
- processing of post-consumer or inhouse flakes
- no air-predrying necessary
- no additional crystallisation or compacting equipment
- low IV-reduction
- highly efficient filtration systems
- coextrusion with virgin, antiblock, UV-stabiliser, etc.
- different winder types, stackers and handling systems available
- thermoformed products
- folded boxes and blisters for packaging of technical and electronic articles
- food packaging, FDA approval of process possible